Ok, so I have posted a previous recipe for the mighty street taco with instructions on how to pack it up for work and save yourself from the daily sandwich miasma. Now that you have mastered that, why not go fusion by making your tacos with shredded chicken smothered in sweet heat BBQ sauce? I’m pretty sure I just made your tummy rumble.
BBQ Chicken Street Tacos
- 4 oz poached, shredded chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Sweet-Heat BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 8 small corn tortillas (Taqueria size is 4.5 inches. I am partial to Guerrero.)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- In a small sauce pan, mix the shredded chicken and BBQ sauce together until the chicken is fully coated.
- Heat the mixture over a very low flame, stirring often.
- In the meantime, heat up a non stick or cast iron skillet and add the olive oil.
- Heat up the tortillas until they are warm, soft, and have just a hint of crisp to the surface.
If you are taking this to work for lunch, transfer your tortillas to a plastic bag and seal. Transfer the warmed mixture to tupperware and put the chopped onion in cilantro into a small separate container as well. Whether you warm the mixture up again or not is your choice. If you want to reheat your tortillas just toss the bag in the microwave and heat for about 10 – 30 seconds. Don’t over do it or they will be rubbery.
When you are ready to eat, just assemble the tacos by layering two tortillas, spooning about 2 tbsp of the mixture and sprinkle onion and cilantro down the center.
~Nom on with yo fussy, fusion tacos!