Got the taste of bacon, lettuce, and tomato on your mind? I usually do, too. Here’s another way to get the flavor, but without the carbs. Makes a great appetize, side dish, or snack on a hot day.
BL Cherry T Bites
- 16 large cherry tomatoes
- 1 Lb bacon, baked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of creamy horseradish (optional, just if you want these to be a little spicy)
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 3 tbs freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, snipped
- Using a serrated knife, cut off the tops of each tomato.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out the innards of each tomato and discard. Flip the tomatoes upside down and place on a paper towel to dry.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture equally into the 16 tomatoes and place in a baking dish and cover with lid. Tupperware is another option, just so long as the lid isn’t squishing the toppings.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.